For the next two weeks, I am going to be in Florida for a work trip. I am excited to escape the cold that has been blanketing our area. While I packed, I decided to make up a drink that tastes like sunshine and warmer places. If you can’t escape the cold, at least you can pretend to while sipping on one of these. It is a little on the sweet side, but you can always put it in a bigger glass and cut it with more sparkling water.
- 3 oz ruby red vodka // absolut makes a fabulous one
- 1 1/2 oz triple sec
- 1 1/2 oz ruby red grapefruit syrup // I found one by torani
- 3 oz orange juice
- sparkling water
- Pour the first 4 ingredients into a cocktail shaker along with some ice. Shake vigorously.
- Pour into two ice filled glasses. Top with sparkling water.
- Enjoy and think of warmer weather.