Since we’ve moved to Maryland, our Old Bay consumption has gone way up. Most tables on restaurants have salt, pepper, and old bay shakers. One of my new favorite bar foods is old bay wings. When I was thinking about what to make for the Super Bowl, I decided to make a variation of the old bay wings that I’ve come to love. I added a bit of honey for sweetness and a little bit of cayenne for heat. I’ve already made the marinade again, but with chicken thighs instead.
Old Bay & Honey Wings
- 2 lbs wings
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp of cayenne
- cracked black pepper
- Combine honey, Old Bay, and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Pour over wings and let marinade for 1 – 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Place wings on sheet, and brush with remaining marinade. The more honey on the wings, the more caramelized they’ll be.
- Bake wings for 20 minutes or until 165 degrees and caramelized on top.