I am continuing my journey to fall in love with my slow cooker. I was talking with one of my coworkers about her weekend and she mentioned that she had made it over the weekend and how good it was. To make it even better you throw everything in to your slow cooker, so you don’t have to dirty any other dishes. I served it over buttered noodles with a little parsley. I ended up doubling the recipe, and froze half of it for another night.
Beef with Red Wine Sauce
via Southern Living
- 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, halved // I used crimini
- 1 (1.61 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- To serve: buttered pasta and parsley
- Place chuck roast, onions, and mushrooms in slow cooker.
- Whisk together gravy mix, beef broth, wine, and tomato paste. Pour over meat and veggies. Add bay leaf.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours. Remove and discard bay leaf. Serve over pasta and garnish with parsley.