This fall has been kicking my butt. I don’t know if it is the sun setting earlier, the cooler nights, or our crazy schedules, but as soon as I get home at the end of the day I just want to curl up and go to bed. The last thing that I want to do is make a big, complicated meal. Enter the humble bone-in chicken thigh. I always keep a bunch in my freezer for nights when I want something easy that tastes delicious. The combination of dark meat with a crispy skin is perfect comfort food, and it takes about 30 minutes to prepare.
Easy Baked Chicken Thighs
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chicken seasoning
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an oven safe pan [cast iron is great for this], heat the oil over medium-high heat. Run your fingers under the skin loosening it slightly. Divide the chicken seasoning and sprinkle it under the skin. Put the skin back into position.
- Place the chicken skin side down in the hot oil. Let the chicken cook for 12 minutes. Check it occasionally to see if it is burning. Turn heat down if it looks like it is going to burn.
- Flip chicken over and place chicken in the oven. Continue cooking until the temperature reaches 160 degrees, about 15 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.