This is a great pantry meal, that comes together extremely quickly. I buy a large boneless, sliced, brown sugar cured ham and then divide it up to freeze. It is precooked, so once it is thawed it just needs to heated. Under the broiler this will take a couple of minutes. The rest of the ingredients are items that I usually have on hand.
Whiskey Peach Ham
- 6 slices of boneless, sliced ham // The sauce makes enough that you can probably double the ham and still have enough
- 1/3 cup peach jam
- 2 tbsp whiskey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- salt and pepper // I find that the ham is plenty salty, but feel free to add more if you want
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F or preheat the broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the ham.
- Grease a small dish really well [The sugar in the jam can make it stick if it caramelizes too much]. Lay out the ham so it overlaps slightly.
- Use a small brush, to coat the ham.
- Bake the ham for 10 minutes at 425 degrees or under the broiler for a couple of minutes. You want the ham to be fully warmed, but not dried out and the glaze to be slightly thickened.