How many times have your brought home leftovers and the next day they are just kinda blah? French fries are especially the worst – they always seem to get all mushy. I was getting tired of throwing them out, so I started turning them into a breakfast hash. This works with pretty much any kind of meat plus potatoes. You can change it up by adding in any veggies that you want – onions, peppers, etc. I made this one with leftover french fries, ribs, and an onion.
- leftover meat, diced
- potatoes – diced if possible // I’ve also used leftover mashed potatoes, just form them into patties and then let them fry slightly on each side
- onions, peppers, garlic, etc., diced
- salt & pepper
- eggs // There was a ton of meat & potatoes so we did 1 egg each. In a medium sized pan, you should be able to fit up 4 eggs.
- Heat up a couple tablespoons of oil in a fry pan over medium-high heat. Add in potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through and outsides are crispy. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon.
- Add veggies and cook until starting to brown. Add meat and potatoes. Continue cooking stirring until the meat is warmed.
- Create a couple of wells in the mixture. Pour a little oil in the wells to keep the eggs from sticking, and crack eggs into the wells. Dust with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook until egg whites are set.
- Serve immediately.