I cannot remember why I first tried this recipe – I’m not the biggest fan of apricots or french dressing. I think I saw it on Pinterest and decided that it looked interesting. Anyways, it turns out that this is absolutely delicious. This chicken is incredibly flavorful without any of the ingredients really showing through, so even if you are hesitant about any of the ingredients I’d say go for it. I usually keep frozen chicken thighs in my freezer, but you can make it with chicken breasts as well; I cooked mine at 400° for 25 minutes.
Baked Apricot Chicken
via all recipes
- 3 chicken thighs // The original recipe called for 12, but since it is just the two of us, I reduced the recipe
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup french dressing
- 1/4 package dry onion soup mix // I just eyeball this. Just shake it up so you end up with the same amount of all the mix. I keep the rest of it for another night.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the preserves, dressing, and soup mix.
- Place chicken pieces in a baking dish. Pour the mixture over the chicken and bake uncovered for 40 minutes, or until the chicken reaches 160 degrees.