I had a salad similar to this one while out to eat a couple of weeks ago. It was so delicious that I knew that I had to recreate it at home. I was going to wait to make it until strawberries and blueberries were back in season, but I just couldn’t hold out. Instead of spending an exorbitant amount of money on two cartons of fruit, I was able to find a pre-washed small carton of strawberries and blueberries. I usually try to stay away from convenience packaging, but in this case I only needed a small amount of fruit, so the price was better. The combination of goat cheese and toasted almonds add a creaminess and crunch that put this salad over the top. I topped the salad with a poppy seed dressing, but it would also be good with a balsamic vinaigrette.
fruit & chicken spinach salad
- 2 cups baby spinach, washed
- 1/2 cooked chicken breast, sliced
- a couple of strawberries, sliced
- small handful of blueberries
- 1/2 kiwi, sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted almond slices // I bought them toasted, but it is easy to toast your own and keep on hand
- 1 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- poppy seed dressing
Directions (Just in case you need them):
Place the spinach on a big plate and top with your toppings. Finish with a drizzle of salad dressing.