I believe that it was last summer that I first heard of mixing peaches and basil together. I had started growing basil on the windowsill of my kitchen, and was looking for other uses besides making pesto and using it on top of Italian dishes. I came across the combination and thought to myself “blegh, basil and ice cream? and peaches? no way.” But part of me was still curious about the combination, so when I was having ice cream with peaches one night, I added 1 lone basil leaf. It turns out that it is a winning combination. I soon added more basil leaves as I continued to eat. It is now one of my favorite desserts to make when the peaches start showing up in my grocery store.
Peach, Basil, & Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 peach // Any type will do. I used white peaches here.
- a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 5-6 leaves of basil
- Slice the peaches into a bowl.
- Scoop ice cream on top of it.
- Thinly slice the basil leaves and sprinkle onto the ice cream.
I hope that you enjoy this as much as I do!